Monday, March 18, 2019

Set and Lighting

I am kicking myself for not getting more pictures of lighting because while our methods of using handheld and phone flashlights were unconventional, it definitely got the job done. Flashlights on iPhone had an update where you can control the brightness level which was super useful and made it really easy to do our job. And I did end up having single light sources as said in a previous post which was a big win for me.

The whole premise of our opening is that our victim inherits the virus because she doesn't hear the emergency broadcast warning her to shut off her tv. We wanted to have her get up and get food but my kitchen is directly behind my living room (check drive link in filming post). So we had to use my laundry room door and pretend that it led to my kitchen. Figuring out how to do the transitions between this was challenging but, as i said before, the outcome will be well worth the struggle. Who has a door leading to their kitchen? I don't know but for some reason it works in the world in the film.

We also couldn't make a set in my garage but luckily my living room did a pretty good job matching up to my desired set in my previous blogs. I talked a lot about color which I did want to emphasize which I did in strategically placing lights to do so. Maybe it was my unconscious pulling from what's around me or maybe it was just pure luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be