Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Emergency Broadcast System (+other updates)

So I'm going to get this out of the way first and say I am getting a little bit nervous. Our filming schedules are not matching up and I can't use my garage to film anymore so our plan looks like it is going to take a little detour. I'm still optimistic though and I think everything will come together, just a little bit differently.

So the first thing I want to address is scene I really want included. From 1:45-1:56 in the trailer for Don't Be Afraid of The Dark (2011) is an element I want to use to build suspense. Instead of the title of the film and scenes happening in between, I want to prolong the time between and flip back and forth from the character to the Emergency Broadcast. I still have to create the broadcast but I would love for it to come out like this. The Purge broadcast is extremely popular and is extremely recognizable among horror fans.

Later this week I will be uploading a projected color pallet for the film which I do have a clear idea of; My one big issue with my project is:time and money. A lot of my ideas require money and a lot of time forcing me to do a horrible thing called scrapping the idea. As it gets closer and closer to actually filming, more and more ideas become undo able due to lack of resources. I am also behind on my blog because I've been working super hard on tech for the show Mamma Mia for my tech class (Come see Mamma Mia March 6-9 @ 7pm) which is leaving absolutely zero time for anything else but alas the show much go on and I'm now working double the time to complete everything on time. It's okay though since everything is falling apart but somehow coming together since when one aspect falls apart I think of 10 other ideas my partner and I can do instead. 

Back to the EBS in the film...I'll have more updates next post concerning the actual creating of it. My partner and I have not been communicating properly which is why we are still in the planning phase. Luckily, we are both on board with the same idea and our next step is execution and putting it all together. The original outline does have to be modified but with those changes I believe a better product will result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be