Monday, March 11, 2019

Lighting

Although I am excited to play around with lighting I'm a little confused om how it works when being applied to film. This video provided insight to how lighting in horror films can be created. I still haven't 100% decided if I'm going the horror route or thriller route. Although differences are subtle, there are differences nonetheless which my partner and I must acknowledge. Lighting is key in this since horror lighting seems to be darker  where as the thrill in thriller tend to be in actions even though lighting is an important aspect to. I would like to reference my first blog post about colors where I touched on lighting and how I want the light to highlight colors and mood. This is still my plan but I want to reiterate that I would like my lighting to come from one source or appear to. This screenshot from Lights Out does do a good job in using one light source. I don't expect the entire film to be lit by solely one light but I would like for it to be used since it adds the element of suspense. In addition, I like how the audience can only see whats illuminated by the light and how nothing can be seen behind. This is a theme I would like to explore at some point while filming this opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be