Sunday, March 8, 2020

Website

I made a website!
https://gbrickstudios.weebly.com/

Right now the page has nothing else except for the words "Are you happy now?", "coming soon" and the name of our production studio. The website will be updated to be more interactive and specific to our film once we actually film. I'm actually happy I decided to make my website so early even before filming because I got to create suspense from the very beginning of this whole process. While this project will be looked at as a whole and the website will not stay this way for final grading, I believe that I would begin with a very non descriptive website at first anyway even if I wasn't doing this for school.

Inserted is a screenshot of the website before filming


The picture that is on the website right now is from a past music video I created independently but by blocking out the artist's face I achieved a very similar look to how my partner and I want our film to look. The color of the text contrasts with the picture behind it and almost appears condescending.

I am looking forward to improving the website by including interactive elements to the site. The Madagascar  website is very expansive and appeals to a wide audience. An aspect I would like to include in my website is the newsletter tab they have on theirs.

They have a tab up top that stays when you scroll through the page about the newsletter and at the bottom as well. This is a great marketing tactic that can be used to keep the attention of audiences for future films and not only the one being advertised.

The Birdman website was another website that was very well done as well and from this website I would like to take inspiration from the layout. 

It is essentially just a picture until you click through and it shows you a trailer and other things pertaining to film. My idea was to do something similar and keep the cover I have now and force the website goer to click through to learn more about the film. 

I created a website in AS Level for a project and had a lot of fun doing it and I'm very excited to improve my website for this project. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be