Sunday, March 8, 2020

Film cards!

Right now my partner is focusing on the logistics of the film so I decided to focus on the minor tasks. I already addressed the website so now I'm going to focus on the film cards.

A while ago I saw this tweet:





and it got a ton of attention on twitter.  The second I saw these I knew I had to make my film card similar to this. While I can't make the actual postcard right now because right now the film is only on paper but I can start planning colors and shape and other elements like placement I want to include. 



Here is a ticket I made on Canva (which is most likely the program I'm going to use to create the postcard. As I was researching postcards I found some of the typical things that are put on them. Most of the time they are handed out at film festivals to generate buzz and possible buyers for their film. The film card includes the specifics of the film like the festival its going to be shown at and I looked at past portfolio projects to see how other people used the postcard to advertise their film. 

I also thought of putting a QR code on the ticket which could link to the film's website or a short promo video which is an interactive aspect that is very accessible. 

Many of the film cards that I looked up have included a still from the short film which definitely is an option but I don't know if it would be more powerful to make it very simple and just include the film's name and a QR code on the back. 





Above I attached an example of the simple postcard with a work in progress title for the film. I really like this design because I feel as if it embodies the film's intention and a QR code is accessible on every device with a camera. Right now the QR code just goes to my blog I could even include 2 or 3 QR codes with a caption above like "choose wisely" and have the card holder pick for themselves; where each QR code leads to a different promotional aspect. A postcard if done incorrectly can deter a potential buyer or investor. This simple design allows those with the postcard to view for themselves in an accessible and personal format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be