Sunday, March 8, 2020

Jack Stauber! (and other music!)

There is this lovely artist by the name of Jack Stauber and he created a song I would love to use in my project. The song is called "Hope" and the reason I like it is because its of its happy tune but slightly off color lyrics and video attached to the song.


I would love to use his song but I knew I must get his permission first so I contacted him on a platform he uses called Bandcamp. 


I am not overly hopeful for an answer but at least I now have an idea of the type of music I'm looking for for this piece. 

As I was researching postmodern films I stumbled upon an animated series called Autodale  which is an animated dystopian short film series on youtube. I watched a few but the one that I found to be the most similar to the piece we are trying to create is called "Model Citizen". Not only was the storyline fairly similar but the music often contradicted the actions on screen and made the actions on screen appear too perfect to be true. So I decided to go on bensound.com  and find some contenders for our film. 

Below are links so possible song choices:

My partner and I are also looking at other ways to progress the story such diegetic sounds like a radio or an alarm clock but we are both leaning towards a mix of music and other sounds to progress the story since there will be little to no dialogue in the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be