Sunday, February 23, 2020

What we have so far...

Gus and I only got to meet once before we had to begin posting to our respective blogs but we did jot down a few ideas about possible ideas that we can make our film about. 




As you can see we do not have a ton of ideas so far but we do have ideas that are in the same genre and range. I've already started thinking of props for the highlighted idea. This idea came from an excerpt of a screenplay I wrote (which is attached). Since this screenplay was written for my creative writing class, doing the screenplay is undoable because I included big budget elements but the idea itself is very much doable and I believe we can adapt the screenplay to our liking and produce a really good product. 


Another theme I'd like to include is the whole dystopian society theme. A big inspiration for my desire to do a dystopian film was watching 2081 which is a film inspired by the short story "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut. The idea that everyone has a handicap to ensure equality is a really interesting concept that I would love to mess around with if we choose to go with the idea that "everyone has to be happy" in a dystopian society. It is for sure my favorite idea so far because I feel like we can incorporate my top 3 (and personal most important elements) color, art direction, and story telling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be