Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 1 Post 2

Alright post 2 of the week! I Just wanna get this out of the way because I did mention in the last post that I had a partner and her name is Amanda Cortes. 

So in my last post I addressed concept and character, in this post I'll be going into genre and other similar fun stuff. I was thinking my film opening would be a thriller/horror combo. I would like to stay more on the thriller aspect of things but there is a little bit of horror in thriller. A really good example of that is Get Out which isn't traditional horror movie but its thriller aspects add the element of horror. I wish I could take reference from more thrillers but, I haven't seen that many. The main thing I want to do with my opening is to establish tone immediately. The Shining is the best example I can use. From its opening credits, it  establishes a sense that something is off. Even when everything was "normal" and basic interactions were being made, it  was very clear that something was wrong. Luckily, I think this will be one of the more achievable things that I will attempt to do. Sound editing will play a huge part (thank you Amanda for knowing how to edit really well) in creating an atmosphere which will be fun to play around with. 

Speaking of atmosphere, I am SUPER excited to design the set. Next to editing, I think setting is the most important thing. I'm thinking a small dark living room area with an older, small tv. Lighting will also be crucial so Amanda and I really got to start meeting up and figuring out how we are going to create everything. I have an exact movie/tv show scene in my head but I can't think of what it is. For now, just imagine what I described above. I wish I could send you a picture from my mind because the idea is so clear to me. 

Next week, I'll discuss with my partner my plans for the film so we can combine ours and then I'll blog about it. Hopefully if things turn out right, my vision will be clearly expressed. In addition, I will go more in depth about story because none of this really comes to life until the outline is read. 

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be