Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 1 Post 1

I'm just going to jump right into this so hopefully you guys read the intro page to learn a little more about me. The idea for my film opening came to me in bits and pieces. When I first saw Bird Box I thought the concept was really interesting but didn't like how characters got "infected" by looking at the demon (or whatever super natural being was in control of infecting people). I was thinking maybe a bug in a video game but eventually settled on a  hacker placing a virus on television networks. What the virus does, I haven't quite decided yet but the aspect of suicide is not the route I want to go down. A few ideas I have in mind would be the hacker is an anarchist like V in V for Vendetta with the intention to plant anarchist ideas in people's head for personal benefit. Unfortunately, I don't think I will get far enough to explain the intention of the message in the two minutes but, I think its a good idea for the opening to have a direction.

The main character is a super interesting and important thing that I have absolutely no idea in which direction I should go in. Actually thats not 100% true; I have some idea of who I want my main character to be. I'm torn between a college kid and an actual kid. I think the actual kid would provide the opening with a sense of innocence which would make the foreshadowed future more devastating. The college kid would be cool as well because of the lack of innocence and the ignorance which will have to be involved. If it   was up to me and I had the resources, I would definitely go with the  little kid. I just don't think I can find a good (most importantly cooperative) kid actor that I don't have to pay $100 an hour to. 

With my whole concept fully thought out, (you'll read it next week (sorry for the cliffhanger)) I think my next step is to start coordinating with my partner to begin to create a clear story board.  Until next post...

-JF

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWP3fGNAg&feature=youtu.be